Start date: 24/05/2020
In collaboration with Gréasán na Meán Skillnet, experienced TV development executive and creativity coach Colin Pauser-Cowman will be rolling out tailored consultancy and creative TV ideas workshops through Zoom to independent production companies in the west of Ireland. These will be free of charge through April and May 2020.
The purpose of these online sessions is to ensure that during these challenging times, the creative ideation and TV concept development process is fully fired up, enhanced, informed, innovative and tailored to existing and emerging commissioning opportunities.
With current Covid-19 restrictions in place limiting existing production processes, Colin will be working closely with independent production companies to nurture best development practice and to ensure that their existing & emerging slate of ideas are in top market readiness, once the sector reignites.
Traditionally rolled out in-company, these virtual consultancy sessions have been re-designed to work through VC, allowing full interaction with company participants from their own homes, allowing multiple team members to join at the same time. The sessions will focus on the ideas-engine-room of the company and will be tailored around companies’ existing pipelines / slates and the long-term aspirations of each company.
These company development sessions will be rolled out privately to each company. Importantly they recognise that development is not exclusively focussed on the generation of ‘good TV ideas’. Effective development is in fact ‘Business Development’ which is highly dependent on:
- Strong and channel-tailored TV Ideas
- Market focussed writing, design, visualisation and pitching skills
- Impressive company profiles (that illustrate the best of the companies back catalogue, along with a clear sense of their USP and fresh market offering)
- The network and relationships they bring to market (including on and off-screen talent, channels, funders, precinct access and technical excellence).
How ‘TV Development Lab-Online’ works:
- Colin will work closely with a nominated senior member of the company to do a deep dive on their back catalogue, current ideas slate, current company profile, current pipelines and company aspirations.
- The company will then be invited to join 4 x weekly 90xminute tailored VC sessions with Colin (on Zoom).
- These sessions will be focussed on the companies’ development aspirations but will include subjects such as: In-Company Development Best Practice * Setting Priorities* TV Concept Ideation Techniques * Promoting Innovation and Creativity * Structuring your Presentations for a Broadening Commissioning Market * Developing your Network, Securing your Talent Pool (on and off camera) * Proof of Concept Techniques * Reviewing & Revising Existing Ideas Slate * Generating New Ideas*